Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why group work fails or succeeds- Roskelly

I think group work succeeds. I know many many people would love to disagree, but overall group work is a great method of bringing people and their ideas together. I agree with the statement two heads are better than one and this could not be a better time to use that sang. By bringing a small group of classmates together and letting them all express their opinions and thoughts is a great way to come out with one great result. Now of course there are the few straggler groups or stragglers in a good group, but nothings truly perfect. When Roskelly said all writers need to hear their own voices, and it is only possible to hear them through others voices, I was sold right then and there on why group work succeeds. I read that statement and then thought about my past group work experiences and remembered when I would say my opinion and right after someone else would say something, then another would express how they felt, and right then and there the group took off. It didn't matter if we all agreed what one had to say, it mattered that we were expressing our selves and overall working as a group.

1 comment:

Betsy Woods said...

Nice work. Complete entries with relevant information pulled from the works and quoted.